Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The Rare Gem

OK, so bear with me for a moment while I geek out on pop culture. There's this absolutely cruel, heinously embarrassing, yet disturbingly funny send up of American Idol here in the states called Superstar USA, in which the "judges" select the most atrocious performers to be the 'next superstar USA'. Sadly, these poor chumps have no idea as they meet various B list celebrities to give them hints on making it to the top that they are the laughingstock of a nation. So, my girlfriend is watching this show last night and I walk in to find her crying from laughter. When I sit down to watch the judges critique this ridiculously aweful performance of Genie in a Bottle by a self proclaimed 'Latin diva' I witnessed quite possibly the best back-handed compliment ever to grace the small screen, from the bad-guy judge:

"Do you know the saying, 'Don't bring a knife to a gun fight?' Well, you didn't. Instead, you brought the most lethal weapon I've ever heard - your voice.'

The singer was quite pleased with this remark, in fact. I, however, have been laughing about it for over 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home