Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Friday, May 21, 2004

See...

I'm not the only one worried about the entry of the Church into the political arena.

Oh, and this is hysterical. The little BlogSpot ad banner picks up the topics of your posts and then uses that to determine your audience -- I've had Spycraft, DnD, Hellboy, Office Supplies(?), and now Catholicism up there. The current ads are "Date Catholic Singles" and "The History of the Church: Read the 7 Great Lies of Organized Religion." I think you guys need to work on your adware a little bit :).

That Aside...
Seattle was a very positive - and very long - trip. I headed up to Seattle from Portland on Tuesday night (3 hours), slept about 5 hours, ran Mark to work at Privateer, did some shopping, drove to Redmond (45 minutes), met with Chad Justice of Mythic Dreams for a few hours, drove back to Seattle (45 minutes), did some more shopping, drove back to Privateer, met with Joe Martin for a little over an hour, took a tour, drove to my friend Jesse's place, got dinner, went to Mark's house, drove Jesse home, then at 9:30 headed back home to Portland (3 hours) in time to crash about 1 a.m. so I could go to work the next day.

The trip was good. Chad was chipper as ever, even though DI is going to be slightly delayed (til Gencon Indy this year). It will be worth it though, trust me, and it will certainly make that show. Privateer was in the midst of finishing up some big projects and cranking right along. They have grown at a stupendous rate but I was impressed by the great morale and enthusiasm everyone has for the job. Jason Soles and Joe Martin also schooled me in world building quite a bit too - I got to see some of the metaplot for the soon-to-be-released WARMACHINE: Escalation and I think it's going to make this great setting even more awesome. I think I'm in good after our chat, and hopefully we'll be meeting more often.

Anyway, got to get back to the grind here at work...*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home