Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Friday, June 04, 2004

Drat

I broke my own streak of almost 2 weeks of updates on every working day. At least it was in service to a good cause - I finished the resume and cover letter (and will be firing them off to my prospective employer once I get some last-minute feedback from colleagues), then I killed a lot of people in SOCOM II. Finished a job application, saved the free world from poorly-dressed terrorists - not a bad day's work.

The Board Lives Again
Well, the Spycraft boards have recently sprung back to life, and that can only mean one thing - a new book! Mastermind has been sighted by the gaming community and so far, no bad reviews. We'll see how it's taken by the greater majority in the next couple weeks.

Overall, I am pretty darn proud of this book. Developing and expanding minions was something I always wanted to do, which I got in spades, and Chapter 4: Running a Villainous Campaign was my first opportunity to sit down and write about gaming (much like I occassionally do in the blog) and to meditate on effective evil in gaming, something I enjoy very much. It was one helluva push in the end, but it was totally different from the one to complete Faceman-Snoop a year before. I guess I can chalk that up to experience/battle scars/wisdom engendered by great pain :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home