Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Monday, March 05, 2007

Why Beloit Rocks

People sometimes ask me why I went to Beloit College in Wisconsin when I lived and always intended to live in Portland after graduation. The simple answer? Because we produce archeologists.

Yeah, no kiddin'. Plus the guy who inspired Indiana Jones, and the guy who played Indiana Jones, attended our school (even if only for a semester in the latter case).

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I would have liked to have studied archeology/paleontology at Uni, if only they offered decent courses.

All of my geology lecturers where either full time teachers or worked for oil companies on the side :(

3:33 PM  
Blogger Matt Forbeck said...

Go Beloit!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

All of my archaeology professors worked for Leinenkugels.

By that, I mean that they were paid in beer.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Well, they needed something to calm their nerves, then.

I can imagine Dan Shae swinging through a precarious jungle canopy, bullwhip in one hand, can of Ice House in the other...

3:54 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

And you said it, Matt! I didn't know Andrews had grown up in Belwah, but good on him for going out and making something of himself. Counting you, that makes...2 Beloiters I know of who have done so :)

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home