Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Accidental Wisdom

Not so much the wisdom I've gained through my many and notorious accidents, but a nugget I spat out without thinking that turned out be quite accurate for a friend's situation with her boyfriend:

"Mistakes don't define people, people define their mistakes."

Now before you think I sound like The Sphinx from Mystery Men, I think it rings true. Everyone makes mistakes, but I don't think they are something that just happen - rather, I think they are indicators of a person's fallibilities and tendencies. In this case specifically, my friend is dealing with a boyfriend who cheated on her then lied about it (natural enough). I thought she should dump him, because my bet is once he goes through the repentance phase she faces possible relapse. She doesn't think people should be defined or damned by their mistakes - but I think that mistake tells her what she needs to know for the future.

Maybe I'm a cruel bastard, but it sure seemed like wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home