Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Curse

No kidding, I think Spycraft 2.0 has tried to kill the Design Team. I have been spending this week sitting on my couch recovering from a minor surgery; Scott and Pat have caught the Martian Death Flu; and Clayton got very sick after New Year's. And this doesn't even include all the other colds, injuries and other random stuff that's been happening to us over the last few months.

So is it worth it, you ask?

Absolutely. 2.0 is freakin' glorious. I am so happy with it - in spite of the months of discussion and changes and arguements and hard work and all that other stuff that comes with a project of this magnitude - I can hardly contain myself. If I didn't have to finish Project X in the next few months, I would say this summer can't come soon enough.

Coming out of the dark
I'm finally getting out from under other assignments and onto Ten Thousand Bullets, which can only be a good thing. My enthusiasm is way up, the team is almost ready to go, and I am happily chipping away at the bedrock for the project. Judging from what many of you have been talking about wanting from Spycraft in the forum over the last month, I would say Ten Thousand Bullets will fill many of your needs quite well, while equipping you with some stuff you haven't asked for but should really, really like. Heh heh.

Battlegrounds
Apparently, the last 1.0 book, Battlegrounds, is out at stores - which is about a month earlier than I ever thought it would be. There are missions set in Afghanistan, Vietnam, Bosnia (my section), Columbia/South American cocaine producing countries, a post-apocalyptic scenario, and the obligatory crunchy bits covering WMDs, battlefield events, long-term gearing up, wear and tear and other nifty stuff for use after the bomb.

People seem to like it pretty well, and despite our hard work to make it all fit in there, there was some cut material. I'm going to talk to Pat and see if it is going to be included in the next few issues of The Informant - if not, I may slap the missions I wrote that got cut into the blog here for you all to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home