Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Back in Black

Hey folks, and Happy New Year to you all. I'm just coming off a pleasant holiday break (at least, from the day job) myself, as well as a busy holiday which also was marked by sickness in my entire home. Ugh.

2.0 is steaming right along, in spite of every loose virus in sight conspiring against me. This game will be...revolutionary, let's say. You're going to love it - and I think the way you judge other d20 games thereafter is going to be quite different.

Read the Informant #2
Trust me. Beat up that annoying little kid who always beats you at CCG games if you need to, but get it.

I love the smell of rampant speculation in the morning
For all of you who replied to the Christmas gift over the last few weeks, thank you. The speculation has been nothing short of wildly entertaining, and gives me great hope for the future.

Battlegrounds
I got my first peek at the Battlegrounds layouts, and I must say, the team did an excellent job. This final book in the Spycraft Militaries trilogy features background information, characters, and missions set in historical military hot zones, from the jungles of Vietnam to the undetermined battlefields of the Last War. The team has done their homework on this one, providing in-depth information on the combatants, motives, and theatres of each conflict, all from the grunt's eye view. I would go so far as to call it the keystone product of the trilogy, helping to gel and realize more fully the ideas and factions presented in the first two. Good work to my colleagues, especially Clayton Oliver and Patrick Kapera who came up with the project. Look for it in late February or early March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home