Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Thursday, December 16, 2004

The Beginning of the End...

...of my bachelordom, that is. Yes, I got engaged last night to my girlfriend and best friend of over 5 years, Becky. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say, it was cold, romantic, and she said 'yes,' with a certain amount of disbelief that it was actually happening. We'll be having a long engagement, as Project X and just the next year in general work-wise is going to be an intense ride, but we're not worried about time.

Since I don't talk about her much here, let me tell you the best things about Becky:

* She's smart. God, she's smart. Like, microbiologist smart.
* She sings opera.
* She's wonderfully sarcastic.
* She's travelled the world.
* She loves trash TV (America's Next Top Model is a religious experience) and bad comedy (examples from her Xmas DVD wish list - "Team America World Police," "Dodgeball," "Shawn of the Dead," "So I Married an Axe Murderer").
* She has 2 wonderful laughs - a teenager's giggle and a full bodied gut laugh that fills a room. Plus she snorts sometimes when she gets really wound up.
* She's loyal.
* She's ticklish.
* She shouts out answers when watching "Jeopardy!"
* She's the most peaceful sleeper I've ever met.
* She speaks 5 languages (English, French, Spanish, Portugese and Italian).
* She can sing in 6 languages.
* She has a wonderful generousity of spirit and honesty that's truly infectious.
* She gets excited at the littlest things.
* She doesn't see how much other people appreciate her.
* She's got the best Evil Eye I've ever encountered.
* She loves my friends as much as I do.
* She's a nerd (video game nerd, but a nerd nonetheless).
* She accepts me - and for that matter everyone - for who I/they am/are.
* She tolerates weekly game night, with accompanying juvenile humor and farting.
* She tolerates my career as a writer and recognizes my passion for my work.
* She has made me a better man in every way I can think of.

And she's letting me marry her. That's crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home