Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

:(

What a week. My burnout has finally topped out, and I had to make an all-stop on work for 10kB for a while so I can recover my sanity. Trust me - if you have no burning desire to write a book involving lots of words, an unfinished system, and other people, FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T DO IT. 2.0 has tapped all of us out big time, and this is a humongous project to take on immediately afterwards.

To add insult to injury, my hard drive's Master Boot Record went tits-up mysteriously Monday morning, so I've had no computer for the last 3 days. After 2 days of scanning and sitting on tech support lines all day, I found an $80 solution that seems to fit all my needs - R-Studio 2.0. So far I recovered 41 GB of data that has literally thousands of work hours put into it (dating back over 5 years, to my days of video game design) for a paltry sum. Check it out at http://www.r-tt.com.

But I've still lost a week on a project I'm already behind on. This is not a Good Thing. At least Scott will be coming up tomorrow for Sin City and 10kB jamming, and we'll see some progress in other mechanical sectors that I may be able to make up the 10k words I am now behind. Cross your fingers for me.

And before I forget:

:: how jedi are you? ::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home