Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Smokin'

Well, I saw Hellboy last night, and while it was a fun ride, full of character and excellent mood (and shots straight from Mignola's pen), it did suffer a bit in the third act. I will make the same comment about this film that I made about Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - it could have benefitted from about 20 more minutes of movie in the end. Not to say this movie was anywhere near the horrific qualities of the late Star Wars franchise films...it just rushed a little bit, and felt anticlimactic for it. A friend of mine is really interested in doing a monster-hunting game, and I have a feeling we'll be playing a Hellboy inspired mix of Dark Interitance, Shadowforce Archer, Spycraft, and Project X here in the near future. Time to get working on a Hybrid and Demon department...

Other than that, sushi was excellent and a good time was had by all. We had much Japanese food in a local restaraunt, eating cross-legged in a tatami room, complete with bamboo mats and sliding paper doors. Very nice, and uniquely satisfying dining - totally different from the 'eat til you feel you'll burst' feeling you get from American or Italian cuisine. Nice.

Poll for the day; should I buy an X-box or not? I own a PS2 and a Gamecube already, and have a bunch of games I've not played too much. The drop in X-box price is tempting, since this week I can get an X-box, HALO, and Knights of the Old Republic for $200. That would give me access to the upcoming HALO 2 and Fable this fall...sound off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home