Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Deflation

What a week. I put the first draft of Mastermind to bed about a week ago today, and surprisingly, I'm reasonably satisfied with it. I guess the dent in my forehead (from banging my head against the wall, of course) was worth it...There's some fun stuff here from one of the guys responsible for this year's product most likely to amuse evil GMs - things you might not expect from a Spycraft product, and some stuff I'm sure you'll expect. Good times.

Well, Scott has come and gone after a long weekend of cramming on Project X. We made some awesome strides on X, and a few small ones on Z, and I'm feeling really good about the direction we have now. Not that I didn't before, but I have to say that having a year's experience as a working professional under your belt changes the hell out of everything. Coming back to the project not only with a stronger idea of what i want to achieve, but also by what means I will achieve it, has been an empowering experience. X is going to be big - hands down the biggest project I've ever tackled - but that no longer gives me pause. Now I'm just ready to kick the crap out of text and get it to market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home