Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Thursday, October 30, 2003

c:/ > Head
c:/ > Hit
c:/ > Keyboard

Waugh! Make it stop! I am banging away (either with hands or head) at The Agency right now and cursing the day I took the project on. Note to self: never work under a short deadline if you can help it :) So, consequently, I'm missing all the cool monster movies on the tube and ruing the day I was born. Ruing, I tells ya. But at least the final product could be pretty interesting - especially the first chapter ;)

Spycraft News
Aside from Agency production, not too much going on in Spycraft-land at the moment. Our initial discussion over Project X's future was very positive and it looks like the publisher has high hopes and much love for the idea, so that of course is a good thing. There are still details to be addressed, but knowing a little more about the format and expectations being laid at my doorstep is very very helpful. We're talking again this weekend, so there should be even more news to share in time.

The reaction to The 60's Decade Book is looking quite positive, which will bode well for the future of the format. Like I've been saying, it adds a rougher edge to Spycraft that I feel helps the game work much more concretely in the 'hard espionage' genre of Clancy and Ludlum for the player. If you haven't seen it, you should be this week - let me tell you, it's worth your hard-earned pennies. Speaking of releases, I *think* Most Wanted should be hitting the shelves too - keep your eyes peeled.

Scott's visit was great - I took him siteseeing in ol' P-town, indulging both his love of books; decent FLGS's; comic shops; large slices of Hawaiian pizza, german food and Hungarian-style hamburgers; Project X; and of playing in large fountains. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time (even after he left his ticket for the train in my car). Overall, I can say with confidence the man feels renewed. Hopefully, we will be able to enjoy his company up in our end of the woods more often.

Speaking of Scott, if you want to throw something new at your players, you should check out this thread for a nasty critter created by The Man himself. Pretty sweet, eh?

Until next time true believers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home