Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Thursday, February 19, 2004

They don't make 'em the way they used to

I'm a big fan of film noir (probably not surprising for you folks who read last week's Five Questions post), and I've recently been reading Eddie Muller's treatise Dark City during my lunch breaks. I've always admired the crispness of the dialogue (I mean, Raymond Chandler co-wrote Double Indemnity for god's sake!), the gorgeous visuals, and the wonderfully twisting plots. At any rate, I read a beautiful little haiku-like phrase from In a Lonely Place, delivered by bombshell Gloria Grahame that I thought I'd share:

I was born when you kissed me
I died when you left me
I lived a few weeks while you loved me.


You don't hear stuff like that any more in movies. What a drag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home