Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

A Hope in Hell

I don't know about you people, but I am ultra stoked for the film version of "Hellboy," the greatest comic I never read by the nicest guy I've only met once. Typically, my hopes are consistently dashed by slapdash story and editing, overly-glossy special effects and stunted acting - but this review at CNN has raised my hopes. I quote:

"There's a lineage, a bloodline living under the surface of the film that recalls pivotal stories such as "Beauty and the Beast," those great Ray Harryhausen "Sinbad" films and more recent classics both gothic and adventurous. For a cynic such as myself, who spends his days complaining about the business, "Hellboy" a breath of fresh air, even if it may carry a hint of sulfur. For people starting to develop their own movie tastes, it just might be their "Jaws" or their "Ghostbusters."

Needless to say, but I am quite excited. Read the whole review right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home