Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A-Conning We Will Go...

Well, it's been a busy two weeks leading up to Gencon Indy, but not nearly as frantic as they have been in years past. I kinda dig on this two weeks later thing. Of course, that's also managed to throw a serious monkeywrench into the works for me - I lost two roomates for the show this week, gained another two, turned away the old ones when they decided they were still coming, lost my chance for approval on a project I wanted to announce at the show, and my computer's power supply fan decided to die, nearly cooking my system. Great. But, we soldier on, and it should be a fun, if less hectic, show for it. Lessee what's doing...

Dark Inheritance should be releasing at the show, so that'll be cool to see it in the flesh. This book has become the Book That Would Not Die, with changes and changes and changes going back and forth between the designers, playtesters, and editors over and over again. I think it'll be a good looking book though - it's got a sexy design, much tighter writing, and awesome rules for those seeking Weird Stuff for their games, or who want to try a DungeonCraft blend of fantasy and Spycraft. Good stuff. Plus most if not all of the design team will be there to sign your copy if you buy it at the show. So come an' get it!

Speaking of designers, attendees will probably want to come to the Spycraft Q&A on Friday to get the dirt on next year's plans, along with a wrap up of what we were planning to do to the Shadowforce Archer universe before it died its unfortunate death. CCG fans may also want to come to the CCG dinner on Thursday, as I hear there may be some guests of honor there :D and of course, there's the new, improved Spycraft LARP on Saturday night, where most of the designers will be playing and I may drop in to deal some hands of cards.

Still no update on cool game related job. An insider where I applied mentioned that they were doing phone interviews last week and the week before, but I have received no official rejection, and no confirmation about the search. I know I'm up there - perhaps in the first run of backups, at least? - but it's still pretty shaky. I'll give you all the gory details when I know for sure.

Finally, as much as I would have liked to, I won't be able to make The Big Announcement at this show. Most likely, I won't even be able to run stealth demos. But if you find me, and you read this blog, mention 10kB to me and we may be able to find a place to show you some secrets.

Have a good show folks - I'll give you reports from the road when I can and when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home