Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Fanboyism

So Scott's down at San Diego Comic Con, and I assigned him to dig up information for me on the film version of Sin City, perhaps my favorite comic ever. The news is good - so good I have to share:

* The film is divided into 3 vignettes - The Hard Goodbye (the first comic, starring Marv), That Yellow Bastard (starring Hardigan and Nancy) and The Big Fat Kill (starring Dwight and the ladies)
* Conversely, it is directed by 3 directors - Frank Miller, Robert Roderiguez, and Quentin Terentino. No, I'm not kidding.
* The comics were used as a storyboard when doing the movie, so it should be true to Frank's vision.
* It's black and white with spot color for the vignette, just like all The Babe Wore Red, That Yellow Bastard, and Call Me Blue Eyes.
* Mickey Rourke is Marv, Bruce Willis is Hardigan, Jessica Alba is Goldie/Wendy, Amy Smart (Road Trip) is Nancy, Laura Flynn Boyle (The Practice, Men in Black II) is Gail.
*Apparently, the teaser they showed at Comicon is a film version of "The Customer Is Always Right", a short story from one of the compilation editions (I think it was Booze, Broads and Bullets) and was quite entertaining.

I am squealing with girlish delight, I'm so excited. I had always hoped to somehow be involved in making this a movie, but I know Frank has never given up on the franchise. It does seem to be in capable hands - I always thought Marv's story could make for a good film, and I am lamenting the fact that my favorite story of them all, A Dame to Kill For, was passed over for A Big Fat Kill, perhaps the worst story involving Dwight and the ladies of Old Town - but I'm still excited. Maybe they're saving Dame for Sin City 2 as a flashback. Cross your fingers for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home