Bloggin' with AscentStudios

Join Alex's epic journey as he experiences the trials, tribulations, thrills and chills as an RPG designer...

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I've Got a Crush on Obama

More on GenCon later. For now, I'm going to profess my undying love for the junior senator from Illinois. For chrissakes, let's get someone in the White House that has an ounce of common sense. Though he's constantly pounded for a lack of experience, as he noted in his Daily Show interview, Cheney and Rumsfeld were the only ones in the current administration with White House experience and look what they've accomplished. It terrifies me that experience has only hardened them to the issues facing the nation, put them in the pockets of special interests, and trained them to literally rape our nation's laws (Yes, I do believe that Cheney forcefully thrusts his penis through the Bill of Rights each night when Lynn is asleep. You can quote me on that - ESCHELON and CARNIVORE, here I come).

From here on out, I'm taking my act on the road. I'm endorsing an Obama/Bill Richardson ticket, purely in the model of the Bush/Cheney candicacy. Barack is the charismatic frontman, a straight shooter who, like Bush in his first term pre-9/11 (AKA The Great Excuse), comes at problems head on. Richardson is the experienced straight man - unelectable on his own, but with a deep government experience that adds depth to the presidency and its ability to accomplish its goals. It also happens to have the most revolutionary candidacy in the history of American politics - a black man and a Hispanic man, both of whom are the best, brightest hope for a nation that up until 40 years ago was wracked by horrible segregation, racial discrimination and prejudice. I think that's an incredible statement about the desegregation policies the current Supreme Court saw fit to strike down recently, and a blow to the neo-con bullshit that has ravaged our economy, our global status, and our standing as a nation. You heard it here first - Obama/Richardson in '08.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching Obama for a while now and I really do like what I'm seeing. When JFK's former aide (iirc) is backing him there has to be something there.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home